AMARC's Declaration of Principles states, among other things, that members of AMARC:
Contribute to the expression of different social, political and cultural movements, and to the promotion of all initiatives supporting peace, friendship among peoples.
- Recognize the fundamental and specific role of women in establishing new communication practices.
- Express through their programming:
- the sovereignty and independence of all peoples;
- solidarity and non-intervention in the internal affairs of other countries;
- international cooperation based on the creation of permanent and widespread ties based on equality, reciprocity, and mutual respect;
- non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, sexual preference or religion;
- and respect for the cultural identity of peoples.
The Principles advocated and promoted by AMARC's members are equally expressed and realized in various Charters and Declarations:
- The Amman Declaration (2006)
- The Kathmandu Declaration
- The Milan Declaration
- Community Radio Charter for Europe
- Carta de las Radios Comunitarias y Ciudadanas (in spanish)
- People's_Communication_Charter(Outside Web Site)
- Declaration of the Latin American and Caribbean Festival of Radioempassioned and Televisionaries