Become a member
How can I become a member of AMARC?
Five good reasons to become a member:
- To join an international network of community radio professionals;
- To share experiences and know-hows;
- To obtain information and training about new developments in the field of community radio;
- To obtain support and information concerning legislation, government lobbying and advocacy, and financing opportunities; and
- To join efforts in the fight for communications rights and the acknowledgement of the critical role-played by community radio in sustainable development, peace-building and democracy.
To become a member please fill up the Membership Application.
AMARC has two membership categories: Regular or Voting Members and Associate Members
- REGULAR OR VOTING MEMBERS are community radio stations, federations and associations of community radio stations, production groups, and groups working towards the establishment of community radio. They are in agreement with AMARC’s Principles and contribute to the Association’s objectives. Voting members have the right to participate in AMARC activities, to speak and vote at meetings of the General Assembly and to hold elected office.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS are individuals, Communitiy development associations, and groups or organisations who are in agreement with AMARC’s Principles and contribute to the Association’s objectives. Associate members have the right to participate in AMARC’s activities. They have the right to speak at meetings of the General Assembly but cannot vote or hold elected office.
Definitions used by AMARC
- A COMMUNITY RADIO STATION is a station that responds to the needs of the community, which it serves and contributes to its development in a progressive manner by promoting social change. It promotes the democratisation of communication by facilitating community participation in communication. This participation may vary according to the context in which the radio operates.
- An ASSOCIATION or FEDERATION is a grouping of community radio stations that is controlled by its membership. It can be national, regional or international.
- A PRODUCTION GROUP is a not-for-profit group or association with a democratic participatory structure, or an association of such groups, which operates in an area where there is no community radio station and/or, which produces community radio programs for broadcast on radio stations other than community stations or on more than one community station.
|AMARC Europe, MENA and North America||AMARC ALC||AMARC Africa||AMARC Asia|
|Radios and production groups||30 $US or 25 Euros||30 $US||30 $US||30 $US|
|Federations||150 $US or 140 Euros||150 $US||150 $US||150 $US|
|Associate members||25 $US or 20 Euros||25 $US||25 $US||25 $US|
NOTE: Members of the Women’s International Network (WIN) must already be members of AMARC.
Membership application to AMARC must include:
- A filled in AMARC application form; and
- A first annual membership fees payment.
For detailed payment instructions and other information please contact the International Secretariat.